Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not being able to

A friend of mine asked me something on G-chat today. "Are you writing these days?". My answer was pretty straightforward, no. There was a point of time, a couple of years ago, when I would write. A thought in my head would be written down somewhere, either my spiral bound notebook or typed out and saved on the computer. These days, that has stopped. I know that it has something to do with the fact that I write for a living. As much as I want to think that journalistic writing is a different genre and if one is really creative then it will all happen, I can't shake off the fact that I don't write anymore.

I want to be writing. Regularly. It used to be my thing. My need to say what I was thinking. My need to perceive things I was going through so that I could understand it better. A need, pure and simple! These days, all I can think of are slugs/titles/blurbs/introductions/lengths of quotes/picture options/co-ordinating with freelancers/etc. Rather painful. With all this in mind, it is really hard to think of a way in which to put a thought creatively. All I can think of is venting. I can't think of a single thing to write that will get past the dimension of 'realism'! I want to write again. Makes me sad that I'm not, that I don't. Sigh-ness!

Sh

2 comments: