Monday, May 10, 2010

To whomsoever it may concern

The trouble with the truth is, it has an annoying habit of taking everyone along on this wonderful joyride of hurt, pain and tension before settling down and telling its tale. Until then, people are going to have to wait and watch. The only thing to do then is to stand your ground. As long as you know the truth why worry, non? That's what I think at least, thought, until I read someone (read ex-boyfriend) post some crap about him being a saint against my devilness. Pissed me off. I decided then that I'm glad he is not in my life. I mean, nothing and nobody is perfect, but dude, did you actually think you'd call me an asshole to ensure that the sympathy votes are with you all the fucking time?
Seriously?! The first thing you do is run around telling spouting a pre-prepared list of stuff you hate about me and then have the balls to tell me that you'd made me list out stuff I hate about you so it wouldn't be like you found fault. Anywho, I'm glad you are no longer in my life. God knows, I was in love with you. I wanted a perfect life for us together and all of that cliched crap, but knowing that I wasn't the person you'd planned on landing up with, I'm so glad that we're no longer together.
I wanted to stay quiet about it and not talk but then I realised I was out there all over the fucking blogosphere painted to be this person who trampled over your feelings and walked. Well, baby, I didn't. I was there, living with the fact that you'd have rather married a vestal virgin who was a family-loving, traditionally inclined woman who would have worshipped the ground you walked on and so on and so forth. I'm not that woman. I'm just me. Everything that has and hasn't happened over the last 25 years have shaped me and mine. I will have you know that if it weren't for all that, I wouldn't be who I am today. I like me. Too bad you didn't see that if I was the type of girl you wanted me to be, we would never have met, become friends, stayed friends, dated. IF I was that vestal virgin type, I would have been married off at 21 and would have had 3 babies by now.
I'm 25, been in and out of one stupid impulse-related situation after another, a little burnt from the journey, but happy anyway. I'm glad that you were a part of that journey, but it saddens me to see that some memories sicken you and make you unhappy and bruise your ego. I have an ego too btw, and it pisses me off like nothing else that you got your spiel out there first!

4 comments:

  1. Hi shruthi...

    I am not sure whether it is appropriate to respond to such personal posts...

    All i want to say that there are many such hypocrites among boys who have polarized parameters for a girl friend and wife. These people are more opportunistic than hyenas with camouflaged masks .

    I wish you have a cheerful time exploring various flavors in career and life...
    take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually i wanted to say more and couldn't stop saying it...

    I wanted to pat your bold individualistic stand for whatever you are irrespective of the virtual labels.
    Love is all about accepting the person the way he/she is in total ,.....not restricting and twisting someone's personality to suit one's personal priorities ....

    Keep evolving the way you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. high road + public bashing, together for the first time!!

    me likes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mahesh and Harshad - thank you for the comments... I said what I wanted to, so not going to spend more time on this anymore...
    thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete