Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trouble with thinking is

that it occupies way too much of your time. So I'm going to be a lazy ass and make a list!
  • I love leggings. I never wanted to wear them initially because they reminded me of how I used to look when I was 10.
  • A really nicely done sunny-side-up egg is about the most perfect comfort food there is. I know that some chocolate nut thinks I need a shrink because of chocolate and the orgasms that come with it, but seriously, are you telling me that a sunny-side-up egg doesn't do it for you?
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin is just plain awesome. When I was 15 and taking life lessons from him about how to be bad-ass and cool and learning to deliver punch dialogues with elan, I also imbibed a very important message that a genius scriptwriter wrote for him - DTA (Don't Trust Anybody). I should have taken it more seriously.
  • Women love to hate each other. It's our mojo. It's who we are. We also love to love each other. To top this off, we are also each other's nemesis and worst nightmares. The thing is, men don't bother/affect us as viscerally as we do each other. So boys, please, get over yourselves if you think that God put you here to do me a favour.
  • There was a time when self-validation via a certain someone was a necessity. I thought that he had to approve everything about me in order for me to accept myself. This is a complex and twisted state of being for any woman, it takes so much time to get over, but getting over it is a must. These days, my only validation comes from myself. I like that this agent of confidence and stability is no longer a man
  • Someone told me that man-bashing was not attractive a trait. I can't help it man(!) I have a younger brother who's mad. My dad's a prize. My uncle is yet another unique museum piece. What can I say? I'm surrounded by items and pieces that do not help me in my generalisations in the least bit.
  • I've given up on my Disney-fuelled happily ever after fantasy.
  • It was after a long, long time on Thursday that I had a conversation with someone that had no vested interest in it. It was fun, despite the humidity.
  • I CANNOT WAIT TO WATCH RIDLEY SCOTT'S ROBIN HOOD. RUSSELL CROWE AND CATE BLANCHETT TOGETHER ON SCREEN - WHOO!
  • As a continuation to that - Errol Flynn as Robin of Loxley rocks. I love him in The Adventures of Robin Hood. He was awesome and I'm eternally grateful for TCM.
And that is the end of tonight's programme. Stay tuned for more from me...

1 comment:

  1. Good one and I agree with the Stone cold and fantasy part. The way your blog is presented looks pleasant.
    Subash
    www.subhashssm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete