Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turning 26

I am now unemployed. No work. No deadlines. No more journalism. Ah well, it had to come to an end sometime. Right? Right. It had to.

I will get back to working in 2011. But until the end of 2010, I have every intention of not doing a damn thing with my time, except perhaps write. Bore you, my 30-odd readers, with the mundane details of my life. I only hope that there is something interesting to say these next few weeks. As of now, I'm chasing an interview(s). I just hope that the people that I am trying to contact revert with a yes.

However, I must tell you about how non-alcoholic my birthday was. I found it more than just a little strange that every person who saw my swaying and happy drunk self when I turned 25 popped up at the club on Friday where I was. Everyone. It was random and for some reason made me think of circles. As you are well aware, I don't like circles. One thing though, I'm very happy that I didn't have a gigantic hangover while going to Mahabalipuram in insanely humid weather the next morning with relatives and biryani.

Here's to the occasionaly bouts of sobriety. And I'm hoping that 2011 will indeed be the year when astrologers will stop telling me I should have been a boy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding a new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U inspire me in a odd way! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! And yeah good luck with the job finding! I am sure somethin awesome will come along if you wait awhile. And glad to hear of an alcohol free birthday. Think you are growing up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bhai - thanks :) I know I'm growing up... sobriety is usually a sign huh?

    @Semi and Starlight - Thank you... and semi, really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope there's lots of job prospects out there for you. In the meantime, enjoy the time off.

    ReplyDelete