And the new year in Shh world dawned with an award! My first award in blog town. I'm loving it I say. The award comes courtesy a girl who is very empathetic towards my case of the get-her-married-somehow parents. First off, THANK YOU, to Runaway Bride for the award. I'm honestly surprised that I won.
To begin with, here's a picture of the award itself.
Now that that's out of the way, here are five things about me you may, or may not, know
1) I freeze in front of a mike. I mean it. If I were singing or dancing, whole other story, however, extempore, and it's like my tongue ran away to Siberia or something
2) I keep wishing I was skinnier. It's an everyday thing. I look in the mirror and wish and wish and wish
3) I'm possibly the laziest person you'll ever meet. Unless I'm pushed to the point of not being able to handle the pressure, I won't do a damn thing!
4) I lose interest in just about everything, except a book. People, life, work, things, I'm not sure why, but I can't even being myself to sit through one episode of one TV series without flipping channels at least 10 times!
5) I'm terrified of being married to someone. I'm scared that a few weeks into it I'll run out of the house screaming.
Right, so that's out of the way. Here are blogs I'm in love with...
1) Kid in the Front Row - one word, awesomesauce! As for the rest, go read and find out no?
2) The Bottle Chronicles - she's 20-something and a mom and is all out when it comes to what's on her mind. I've been following her blog for ages and I do honestly think she deserves a read.
3) Sharanya Manivannan - not only is she a good friend, but she's also a brilliant writer.
The other people on my blogroll are folks who are on Blogger's awesome blogs listings, so it's okay.
Happy 2011 world.