Thursday, February 17, 2011

Annual events

Last year, I had written about the Attukal Pongala. And guess what? I'm going again this year. I'm told that the Pongala is the kind of experience that you will want to repeat. This year, the Pongala is going to be a lot more fun. Both my aunts - my aunt in Singapore is coming down for two just for the Pongala! - are also coming along which means it will be the three mothers and me and two of my mother's aunts. Eight of us from the Chennai family will be at Attukal this year.

Kerala newspapers are reporting that around 2,500,000 women are expected to throng Trivandrum for the Pongala. I just hope that we get the same spots we did last year.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I have so much to post about when I get back.

Sh

No comments:

Post a Comment