Friday, February 25, 2011

so much to say?

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m a bit of a TV addict. I can spend an entire day watching TV and not regret the day of inactivity. In that context, who has watched MasterChef USA? Do you like the show?

My mother and I fell in love with MasterChef Australia when it first aired in this country. The whole show, the fact that we were learning new things about how to cook food, etc, was extremely fascinating for amma and me. For instance, I discovered what Gnocchi was after watching MasterChef Australia. However, MasterChef USA has a very different format and I find it extremely annoying.

Sometimes it seems to me as though the judges and contestants are having a private conversation and the audience is just supposed to sit and watch like cheap eavesdroppers! Okay, maybe not that extreme, but I don’t like that they don’t do a master class.

Anyway, it’s just a small complaint. Someone else is funding the show and writing it, what they do wit the show is their business.

***

I’m faced with a very weird situation at the moment. I’ve suddenly gone from being unemployed and no money in my purse to having two job offers in my wonderful Chennai. I had a long conversation with my friend J about what I should do. I’ve been having long conversations with some of my very close friends about what to do next. I never really anticipated having choices when it came to jobs.

I was actually holding out for this one offer to come through, it never did, so I have to move on and consider other prospects. And while I am, I’m getting thoroughly confused. What I decide now will set the course for my career.

I just hope that I don’t regret the choice I make two or three months down the line!

***

In the midst of all this, I am also eating too much chocolate. I now look like the muffin in the muffin top adjective!

***

I want to watch Tanu Weds Manu. It seems like such an interesting movie. I may not be able to relate to all the Punjabi-ness in the film but I know I will enjoy the fact that this girl is suffering from the same disease that I am – overexposure to earnest single boys from my community who have evinced interest in wanting to marry me despite not knowing a damn thing about me except for my name!

***

3 comments:

  1. Master chef Aus rox!! Mc USA us more about Drama ,swearing and crying than cooking! :/ I still like cooking reality than matchmaking ones ( bachelor) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @semi - agree with you completely. Bachelor is just a fake show. Most of them don't even get married after the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you on the Masterchef Aussie thing. LOVED it...and kinda hate the US one. Waay too much sleaze, it looks like.

    And congrats on the job offers :)

    ReplyDelete