Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sometimes, I pontificate

“I want to stand in Fabindia and soak up the cotton-ness of it all and buy a kurta,” I said to a friend.

“Why do all you women love Fabindia? I don’t get it,” my friend replied.

“Well, I personally like the fact that in Chennai cotton is my best bet. Fabindia is not some exclusive place, I know that about 30 other women will wear the same prints, but I like it anyway,” I say.

A long time has passed since that conversation was exchanged, but I realized that almost everyone made sweeping generalizations about other people. It’s such an easy thing to do with our time. Even though I’m talking about this, I’m not sure how conversations would be if all of us were non-judgmental souls. Can you imagine that?

I don’t think even the hippies were capable of being non-judgmental! It’s that difficult not to snark on people.

***
On a completely unrelated note, Dove shampoo’s campaigns are utter, total and complete nonsense. They don’t ask “real women” to endorse their shampoo. All the girls that did the Dove ads have magically proliferated on every other cheeseball advertisement and even posed for one of MTV’s shows, making them professional “real women”. Bleddee. Lack of integrity in product promotion only. Unethical foolishes!

***
My brother’s quit his job and come back home. As much as I love him to pieces and love having him around, I find his nonsense approach to doing laundry completely irritating. I don’t get why boys think wearing dirty clothes is cool and manly. Bloody disgusting!

***
Also, I don’t think I will ever be a meat-eater. I don’t get the hype. I don’t want the fucking snark that comes with the territory. What the fuck are you loser non-vegetarians bitching about? Don’t you idiots realize that you have more to eat because I don’t? Try being happy about that. Asses! Keep going on about how “you’re missing out” – uh, I don’t think so. I don’t want to eat meat. Respect that and get over your nonsense and stop giving me grief about the fact that I don’t eat what you do. Bleddee.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment