Monday, January 26, 2015

So much to say

I've been toying with the idea of another 'How I Met my Husband' series. But I have a feeling it'll get incredibly boring.

A tell-all on being an army wife was also in the wings, but that's also incredibly boring and could possibly get my poor husband in a lot of trouble. Besides which, the people I want to bitch about are simply not worth my time and for that matter they're not worth you spending your time reading about them. Their museum-specimenness doesn't set them apart, it just makes them case studies for the multiple stereotypes that my country houses and proliferates.

But, I do have an idea for a series. And it has been done before, but I would like to also pitch in to the existing melee.

P.S: I've started watching Downtown Abbey, and it is nothing but a well-filmed soap opera with a British accent and just because pop culture approves of everythign with a British accent, the series has somehow turned into a vocabulary must-have. As much as I like how it's filmed and how everyone speaks, I must say, a lot of what's in the series I've read in many trashy romance novels. The only thing that differentiates the books I read from the series itself is the time in which it is set.

Anyway, I shall be posting soon.

Until then.

1 comment:

  1. I watch it too. I like the series coz of its cast and yes, the language. Decent and subtle punches from the old granny. I always loved Maggie Smith...ever since I watched her in Sister Act :D (Of course, I love Whoopi! She is a tornado of talent!)...And, I have got ADDICTED to Suits, Monk, Downtown Abbey, Sleepy Hollow (Yes! I watch that too!) and x-files and name all! That reminds me, I have to watch a lot of movies too! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete