Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Mommy Blog?



MY DAUGHTER HAS ARRIVED LADIES AND GENTS!

Yup. After all that, I'm a mother now. May 15, 10.21am.

She came out protesting, kicking and screaming. I mean, I would too if I was three weeks early!

I'm not sure what my feelings are at this point. I'm the least fascinated person in the room. I think that's what happens when you're the one struggling to get out of bed with some semblance of normalcy because you're stitches are still healing and you've lost pretty much all control of your core muscles because of your c-section. I need help doing small things like bend to fill up a bottle of water, but that's getting better. Thankfully, my op hasn't affected much more than simple every day movements, so, I can deal with Fluffy as needed.

While everyone is busy being fascinated with her, I'm just enjoying not being heavily pregnant! I mean, I can bend now to put lotion on my feet, to soap my legs, and to pick up something and not feel like I'm about to fall over! It's so much fun! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love all the time I get to spend with my little one, and sometimes holding her over my shoulder just because I can, but to go from being a constantly itchy balloon who couldn't wear her usual slippers to a deflated, non-rashy version of myself is beyond joyous!

I'm glad that my post-pregnant self is what it is. I can't imagine having to deal with more craziness with my body now that she's here. As for the hormonal nonsense that everyone talks about, that's for me to deal with, no? I knew what I was signing up for. The other motherhood feels and all I can discuss!

Which brings me to the title of this post. Will I be more mommy blog and less Ranteshwari? Only time will tell.

Until then,

HOLY SHIT I'M A MOTHER!


2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. I would love your both avatars....I just took a hiatus and see one is a mother and the other have become a mother. Thankfully, I am back on the right time. I didn't miss any of their good experiences, they shared.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And forgot to tell you.............Hearty congrats.....

    ReplyDelete